On 16th March 1976, Luis Oruezábal opened Chikito Restaurant, occupying what used to be the Alameda Café, a place regularly frequented by renowned intellectuals of the time, such as Federico García Lorca and Falla, among others; which were part of the famous literary gathering “El Rinconcillo”.
Through its many years as a restaurant, it has consolidated a select and loyal clientele, among whom we can find famous personalities of art, literature and sport that visit the restaurant to enjoy the culinary traditions of Grenada and Andalusia –not exempt from evolution– and also its well and carefully selected range of wines, which have made from this place a benchmark for quality, dedication and gastronomic sense.
As a result of its continuous effort to improve, the Restaurant has received different Awards and Accolades:
- Q mark for Tourism Quality.
- Andalusian Tourism Award.
- Grenada’s Gastronomic Image Award.
- Marmita de Oro” Award, to the best traditional cuisine.
- Spanish National Gastronomy Award. Gold Plate.
- Grenada Tourist Prestige Award.
- Grenada Tourist Prestige Honour Award.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
- Grenada Tourism Award 2013.